Julianna Layne is a scene stealer in her new movie A Christmas Story Christmas!
The young actress plays Julie, the daughter of original A Christmas Story actor Peter Billingsley‘s Ralphie.
In the sequel, set several years later, Ralphie is all grown up and must deal with Christmas and all that comes with it…as a dad.
Find out more about her inside…
We caught up with Julianna and got to know 10 Fun Facts about her. Check ‘em out below…
Julianna Layne – 10 Fun Facts
- 1. I am very adventurous for an 8 year old when it comes to trying new foods! While I was in Bulgaria, I loved trying all of the different cultural foods. I even tried chicken hearts, and beef tongue! If you haven’t guessed by now, I will honestly try anything! Mr. Peter Billinglsey would take myself and our set family to try authentic foods and experiences. It was very special, and something I will always remember and treasure forever about filming A Christmas Story Christmas! I also loved immersing myself in learning Bulgarian, especially our polite phrases to connect with our crew. I even learned how to write my name using the Cyrillic alphabet!
- 2. I absolutely love to travel! My first time traveling internationally was to Sofia, Bulgaria for the filming of A Christmas Story Christmas. I lived there for 3 whole months, and oh do I love Europe! I’ve also traveled from coast to coast within the United States. It has been a great experience seeing new places!
- 3. I bring my own tears to set with me. I’ve never used fake tears in my scenes. When I have a really emotional scene, I put myself into my character’s perspective to back the emotion in a scene. While filming A Christmas Story Christmas, our incredible director and cast all joked with me and asked if I had a water tube dropping down those tears. They call me “The Tear Machine”. I also tapped into my emotional range in an upcoming feature where I play a cancer patient.
- 4. I’d consider myself fearless because I love to do my own stunts! An iconic part of A Christmas Story Christmas is when my character Julie gets hit in the eye with a snowball. I worked with a stunt coordinator to learn how to create that fall from the tree stump. That was all me! Another stunt I did in an upcoming film was work on the rooftop of a skyscraper! It was really awesome!
- 5. I’m often referred to as “The Christmas Kid”! I have 3 Christmas films being released this year! I was even lucky enough to work with the King of Christmas himself, Mr. Michael Bublé. I worked with him on his NBC Christmas Special, Christmas in The City. I’ve also been in a holiday skit on SNL! My biggest dream is to host SNL one day!
- 6. I love working with animals on set! I’ve worked with dogs, horses, snakes, and a mouse! Although I did get the Bumpus Bloodhound Puppy fired in A Christmas Story Christmas because he was too heavy to carry. That puppy was replaced with the “adorable little puppy” as Julie says that you see in our film!
- 7. Hair and Makeup is one of my favorite places on set! I love learning about special effects makeup. In an upcoming film, I spent 3-4 hours a day in the hair and makeup chair! If you’re in the hair and makeup trailer with me, be prepared to be interviewed because I love learning about everyone I meet on set!
- 8. I have a 4 pound red poodle named Lulu! I named her after the character in the Broadway show Waitress. I made my Broadway Debut at 4 in Waitress the Musical Karaoke night! I performed alongside such greats as Sara Bareilles and Jordin Sparks!
- 9. I love to swim! I actually learned how to during a commercial shoot for Lake George. I jumped right into the lake when the director yelled ACTION, and I have loved to swim ever since!
- 10. I’ve been so fortunate to be able to bring to life so many uniquely different characters ranging from dramatic to comedic throughout the years! I hope my next role allows me to take on a character in the horror genre.
Go check out Julianna Layne in A Christmas Story Christmas, now streaming on HBO Max!
Source: Read Full Article