Ivory Baker makes her acting debut in the new Netflix teen comedy You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!
The young actress portrays Megan Levy, a modern-day mean girl, in the film, which is about lifelong best friends Stacy (Sunny Sandler) and Lydia (Samantha Lorraine) have long dreamt of epic bat mitzvahs but when popular boy Andy Goldfarb (Dylan Hoffman) and Hebrew school drama come between them, their perfect plans go comically awry.
Ivory says that you won’t find any stereotypical blondes as the mean girls, but instead, a trio of diverse girls representing the new Gen-Z era, all about embracing diversity and inclusion. This, she believes is important for shows and movies to reflect.
While the new movie just debuted on Netflix on Friday (August 25), we caught up with Ivory a couple months ago, before the SAG-AFTRA strike, and got to know 10 Fun Facts about her.
Find out what she shared with us inside…
Check ‘em out below…
- 1. My love for performing arts started with dance. I’ve been dancing since I was three years old. I love ballet, contemporary, jazz, modern, and hip hop.
- 2. I’m the little sister of Malia Baker, who is probably my favorite person on the planet, even when she annoys me. (Get to know Malia here!)
- 3. I love animals! My family has three dogs and two cats. All are rescues except our new puppy, which we got while I was working on You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!
- 4. I’m passionate about kindness toward others, self-love, and inclusivity. I want to see all of us lifting each other up – and ourselves too!
- 5. I love skincare and beauty routines! It’s all about clean and natural beauty for me.
- 6. I love doing improv and watching good comedies! Comedic acting is so much harder than it looks, and so I have so much appreciation and respect for it.
- 7. I’m a singer and my background is in musical theater. My favorite role ever was appearing as Donkey in Shrek! Most often, you can find me singing throughout the day.
- 8. I love vintage shopping, in particular, Y2K fashion.
- 9. I am a mixed-race Black girl of African European descent. Half of my family is in Canada, where I live, and the other half is in Botswana, where my Dad is from.
- 10. I am vegetarian, and one of my favorite foods to eat is veggie gyozas.
Watch the trailer for You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah here, and be sure to go watch Ivory in the new movie, streaming NOW on Netflix!
Source: Read Full Article