Coronation is chance for Harry, Meghan to show ‘respect’ for monarchy: expert
Palace preparing for Prince Harry, Meghan to attend Charles’ coronation: report
Meghan Markle totes $6,400 Chanel bag as Archie and Lilibet get royal titles
Royal insiders question palace’s timing of Archie and Lilibet’s title confirmation
Brian Cox believes Meghan Markle “knew what she was getting into” marrying Prince Harry.
The “Succession” star claimed in a Haute Living New York interview, published Wednesday, that Markle “clearly” had “ambitions” of joining the royal family before tying the knot in 2018.
The actor, 76, alleged that Markle had “the childhood dreams of marrying Prince Charming and all that s–t we see as fantasy that could be our lives in our dreams.”
Cox noted that the “Suits” alum, 41, shouldn’t be surprised by the drama she and Harry, 38, created by exiting the royal family.
“You can’t go into a system where somebody’s already been trained to behave in a certain kind of way and then just expect them to cut themselves off,” he explained.
“I mean, she knew what she was getting into.”
Later in the interview, the Emmy winner said he would like to see the United Kingdom “move on” from the royals.
“In my opinion, we shouldn’t have a monarchy,” Cox said. “It’s not viable; it doesn’t make any sense. F–k it.”
The Golden Globe winner has defended Markle and Harry in the past, telling “Good Morning Britain” viewers in December 2022 that they endured “something clearly traumatic” before stepping back.
For more Page Six you love …
- Listen to our weekly “We Hear” podcast
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- Shop our exclusive merch
“I don’t think they made it up, I don’t think it’s false,” Cox said of their allegations. “I think it’s true and should’ve been rectified, and it hasn’t.”
His statements came on the heels of the couple’s “Harry & Meghan” docuseries airing on Netflix.
In the Liz Garbus-directed show, Markle and Harry spoke candidly about what they experienced “behind closed doors” before moving to the United States.
The Duke of Sussex similarly didn’t hold back in his “Spare” memoir, published the following month.
The pair, who live in California with son Archie, 3, and daughter Lilibet, 1, have since been invited to King Charles III’s upcoming coronation in May.
While the duo have yet to clarify whether they will accept the 74-year-old monarch’s invitation, the palace is reportedly “preparing” for their presence.
“Whatever happens, Harry and Meghan will always be the ones in the headlines,” a palace insider told Page Six earlier this month. “They do hold the upper hand.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article