London Bridge attack survivor tells of moment friend ‘died in his arms’

A survivor of the London bridge terror attack has told of the devastating moment his friend allegedly died in his arms.

The unnamed witness was caught up in the attack which started in the Fishmongers' Hall, near London Bridge, and ended in two being stabbed to death and the knife-wielding terrorist shot dead.

The suspect, since identified as Usman Khan, 28, was wearing a fake suicide vest when he was killed on London Bridge on Friday afternoon in full view of horrified onlookers.

Just a few hours before the chaos erupted, dozens of people had gathered in the Fishmongers’ Hall for an event marking the five-year anniversary of a Cambridge University criminal justice initiative called Learning Together, the Telegraph reports.

Around 100 attendees, including outreach workers, academics and criminologists, had just returned from their lunch break when a man burst in through the doors holding two large knives.

  • London Bridge hero who restrained terrorist said he did 'what any Londoner would do'

  • London Bridge attacker named by police as convicted terrorist Usman Khan, 28

Several people were stabbed as they tried to fight him off. Sadly, two were killed in the attack.

One survivor later reportedly said: “My friend died in my arms today. I just want my friend back.”

Another witness called Coralie, who was working at the event when the attack broke out, says she saw two or three people stabbed, both who were bleeding significantly.

While one man called Jordan, who works as a chef at the hall, said his friend was stabbed in the hand during the attack.

Writing on Twitter , he said: “A good lifelong friend Luckasz was stabbed. Luckasz took on the attacker, being stabbed didn’t stop him giving him a beating from what I’m told.

"He’s in a stable condition after being stabbed in his hand.”

A man and and a woman were killed in the rampage, which also left another man and two women injured.

NHS England confirmed one of the three injured victims was "critical but stable" while another is stable. The third victim has less serious injuries.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson praised members of the public "for their immense bravery" after it emerged bystanders helped tackle the suspect to the ground and disarm him.

Mr Johnson, called a meeting of the Government's emergency committee Cobra on Friday evening and cancelled his General Election campaigning events on Saturday. The Lib Dems have also decided to temporarily suspend campaigning.

Source: Read Full Article