SAS Who Dares Wins star Ant Middleton is unrecognisable as a 20 year old solider in an incredible throwback snap.
The TV star shared the photo on Instagram last night as he recalled where he had been when he learned of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the US.
Ant, now 40, revealed he was serving alongside the Macedonian army to disarm Albanian insurgents who had occupied a number of cities, towns and villages in the Republic of Macedonia.
The Celebrity SAS Who Dares Wins Chief Instructor recalled the 2001 atrocity and said: "A lot of people asking where I was when 9/11 happened!
"I was in Macedonia attached to Le 2e régiment étranger de parachutistes working with senior officers as an interpreter aiding liaisons between allied NATO forces, all to achieve the same mission which was Task Force Harvest!
"I watched the horrific scenes uncover in an aircraft hanger on a small black and white 5’ by 5’ black box antenna TV!
"Afghanistan soon separated the pub soldiers from the real soldiers… FACTS! If you know, you know! Deep prays today and everyday for everyone effected by this terrorist attack, including all the great people of Afghanistan who got caught up amongst it all…🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 #wewillneverforget"
Ant joined the army in at the age of 17 where he served in the 9 Parachute Squadron RE.
He later joined the Royal Marines and served in Afghanistan.
Fans praised the dad-of-five for his touching tribute, as one typed back: "Thank you for sharing where you were.
"You look so young. It must have been something to be in the armed forces and watching it on the tv. You must have known that was going to have a direct impact on yr future. I just remember watching with shock. As you say so sad for all who got caught up."
Another wrote back: "I must say you look like a right cheeky chappy in this photo Ant!!! Thats no disrespect to you or your outstanding service and career. You've just got that look in your eyes. 🙏❤"
And one more said: "Wow , just a baby 🙏"
Countless pictures captured the moment the second plane struck the South Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
New Yorkers watched in shock as they witnessed the terrorist attack in real-time.
First-responders went to work immediately to help victims, even as they struggled to understand what was going.
Nearly 20 years later, victims of the attack continue to be identified through DNA testing.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team?
Email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220 .
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
Source: Read Full Article