HARRY Redknapp has paid tribute to his 11-year-old dog Lulu who has died just before Christmas.
The I'm A Celebrity champion thanked the bulldog for "11 years of love and lots of cuddles".
Her sad death comes after football manager Harry revealed she had to have her stomach pumped last year.
Harry wrote on Instagram alongside a sweet picture of Lulu and his other dog Barney: "We are very sad to have lost our lovely Lulu on Sunday morning…
"11 and a half years of love, lots of cuddles and walks (Which was Lulus favourite thing to do).
"Forever in mine, Sandra’s and Barney’s hearts."
Harry has described Lulu as the "goody two shoes" out of his pet dogs, comparing her to his wife Sandra.
The Sun revealed Harry's dog Barney was rushed to the vets after eating Christmas cake that could have killed him.
The English bulldog had to have his stomach pumped after swallowing the dessert that's filled with raisins.
And his other dog Lulu had to undergo the same traumatic experience just in case she'd gobbled up some of the cake.
Raisins are highly toxic to dogs – and could lead to sudden kidney failure.
Revealing Barney's brush with death, Harry told us: "You have to be careful giving bones to dogs. Very careful.
"There's so much that dogs can't eat, we had last year, one of my dogs, Barney, he ate a whole Christmas cake, a whole Christmas cake, right, and, so I said, I don't know if it's bad for them or what, you know, so I rung the vet, they said: 'Get him in immediately'.
"So we take him to the vet, and they have to pump its stomach, because currants, that would kill them, they would die.
"It would have killed him. So poor Lulu, who hasn't eaten any, they pumped her stomach just in case she'd ate some, and no one knew, and she hasn't even done nothing wrong really, but she had to suffer as well.
"A dog is not only for Christmas. A dog is for life. Barney was good after that."
Source: Read Full Article