Sons of Anarchy got away with a lot during its seven-season run on FX. The series featured horrific violence regularly, plenty of vulgarity, and a large dose of sex throughout. In fact, there were even moments where all three of those ingredients were mixed into one big chaotic hodgepodge. However, there’s one line the show never got the cross–and it’s one the sequel series Mayans MC regularly does.
Regardless of any betrayal or murder that unfolded on-screen during Sons of Anarchy, at no point was a character-driven far enough to drop an F-bomb. After all, that wasn’t a word you heard on TV at the time. While the FX biker drama tended to push the envelope when it came to vulgarity, that word was off-limits.
Times have changed, though. It’s not uncommon to hear a character on Mayans MC throw the word around in normal conversation. So with a Sons of Anarchy reunion being staged on Mayans, it provided the perfect opportunity to let the club that started it all talk the way creator Kurt Sutter likely envisioned.
“Who do we gotta f*** to get a drink around here?” Chibs (Tommy Flanagan) said to the Mayans the moment he and SAMCRO arrived for a summit between rival clubs. It certainly set the tone for what was to follow, as viewers got caught up on exactly what’s happening in the world of SAMCRO since the death of Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) in the Sons of Anarchy series finale.
Click To Unmute Mayans M.C. Season 1: The Best Sons of Anarchy Easter Eggs
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — October 20-26, 2019
- The Outer Worlds | PC Max Settings Combat And Exploration Gameplay (No HUD)
- Destiny 2: How To Find Banshee's Workshop | Leviathan's Breath Exotic Bow Quest Guide
- Doom 64 – Official Announcement Trailer
- The Outer Worlds | Hysterical Vendor Dialogue Conversation Gameplay
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Have "Overleveled" Pokemon – GS News Update
- The Most Important Zombie Movies In History
- Modern Warfare Not For Sale On The PlayStation Store In Russia – GS News Update
- The OMEN Esports Report LIVE
- Fallout 76 Private Servers & Subscription Service Are Here – GS News Update
- Exclusive Maneater Dev Diary – When Sharks Get Revenge
- Battlefield 5 – War In The Pacific Trailer
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
According to Chibs, he expected the club to be out of the gun trade a long time ago, as Jax intended. Unfortunately, as Happy (David Labrava) explained earlier in Mayans Season 2, that didn’t happen. Now, though, the club is finally looking toward the future.
“We never thought this transition would have taken so long,” the SAMCRO president explained. “Things up in Northern Cali are just only settled down and our other interest is finally starting to land in the black.” Of course, they’re also being forced out of the gun trade by circumstance. According to Chibs, the port the Sons smuggle firearms into is closing down.
Still, while SAMCRO may think they’re finally done with the gun trade, that’s likely not the case. Given that a peace they brokered between the Mayans and a rival club has erupted into a flat-out war–with the casualties already stacking up–Chibs and his crew are probably going to have their hands full in upcoming episodes.
Mayans MC airs Tuesdays on FX.
Source: Read Full Article