THE Undoing left audiences capitvated when it hit Sky Atlantic last month – but many viewers were left with a question on their lips as soon as the premiere started.
The missing person thriller, starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant, opens with Dream A Little Dream Of Me as its theme song.
- The best thrillers on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors on Netflix
- The best true crime series on Netflix
Some were quick to point out that the female vocalist sounded familiar and soon began to speculate that Kidman was the one singing.
As speculation snowballed, the actress took to her Instagram page with footage of her in the recording studio to set the record straight.
"Danish director + musician husband + filming in a basement studio = nervous singer of The Undoing theme song," she wrote to her 7.2million followers.
Fans were stunned by the revelation and took to the comments section with their thoughts.
"I thought I recognised the voice! Haven't heard you sing since Moulin Rouge!" one user wrote.
"No way! I thought you'd given up on singing?" a second asked.
"Can you get any more talented FFS," a third exclimed, alongside a laughing emoji.
While a fourth wrote: "Gotta admit I didn't see this coming."
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
However, it turns out the blonde took a lot of persuading to agree to the job.
In a featurette for HBO, Kidman admitted she refused to sing the theme song when first approach by bosses, but they proved to be persistent.
“So about a month before we're about to lock picture, [director] Susanne Bier calls me and says, ‘Um, I've had an idea, I want you to record the title sequence,’” she explained.
“I was like, ‘Absolutely not’ and then she said, ‘You have to’ and then I went, ‘OK,’” she added.
The Undoing fans have clashed over who they think is involved with Elena's disappearance.
After episode 1 many were quick to accuse Jonathan, played by Hugh Grant.
However, episode 2 saw others point the finger at Kidman's character Grace.
The Undoing airs Mondays on Sky Atlantic at 9pm and is available to stream on NOW TV.
Source: Read Full Article