GAVIN and Stacey fans can't wait for the show's much-talked about Christmas special to air today.
But what time is it on and what will happen?
What time is the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special on TV?
The long-awaited show will return on Christmas Day 2019.
The time for this one-off one-hour special is 8.30pm on BBC One.
The news that the show was returning was confirmed in May 2019.
The show's creators James Corden and Ruth Jones said in a statement: “Over the last ten years we’ve talked a lot about Gavin and Stacey – where they might be today and what their lives might look like.
"And so in secret we took the plunge and wrote this one hour special. We’ve loved revisiting Barry and Essex again and bringing the characters back together has been a joy.
"We’re so excited to get the chance to work with our fabulous cast and crew once more and to give fans of the show a festive treat this Christmas. Thank you BBC for helping to make this happen.”
What will happen on the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special?
James and Ruth are keeping the plot a secret, but on November 26, 2019 they released a sneak peek of what we can expect.
The clip sees Stacey (Joanna Page) and Nessa (Ruth Jones) coming to the rescue after Bryn takes on Christmas dinner duties.
But he ends up having a meltdown in the kitchen as he yells into a walkie-talkie: "The table should have been set 37 minutes ago and the plates are still at Stacey's!"
His turkey is in the oven, but when Bryn (Rob Brydon) goes to pick up a pot and burns his hand and knocks over his cranberry stuffing.
He ends up on all fours over the smashed bowl, telling Stacey and Nessa: "Stacey, would you ever so kindly inform everyone that dinner will be slightly delayed."
Who is the cast of the Gavin Stacey Christmas special?
Here's who we know so far will be on the festive edition of the show:
- Gavin Shipman played by Mathew Horne – protagonist from Billericay, Essex
- Stacey Shipman (née West) played by Joanna Page – bubbly protagonist from Barry, Wales
- Neil "Smithy" Smith played by James Corden – Gavin's oldest and closest friend, who also lives in Billericay, Essex
- Vanessa Shanessa "Nessa" Jenkins played by Ruth Jones – Stacey's oldest and closest friend, who is also from Barry.
- Michael "Mick" Shipman played by Larry Lamb – Gavin's down-to-earth father
- Pamela Andrea "Pam" Shipman (née Gryglaszewska) played by Alison Steadman – Gavin's house-proud and over-protective mother
- Bryn West played by Rob Brydon – known as "Uncle Bryn", Stacey's protective, yet naïve uncle, and Gwen's brother-in-law
- Gwen West played by Melanie Walters – Stacey's caring, widowed mother
- Jason West played by Robert Wilfort – Stacey's gay older brother, who lives in Spain
It's not yet been confirmed if Pam and Mick's best friends Dawn and Pete Sutcliffe (Julia Davis and Adrian Scarborough) are in the show yet.
Nor has it been said whether Dave Coaches played by Steffan Rhodri will be returning.
When was Gavin & Stacey originally on and why did it end?
The successful show ran for three series on the BBC – plus a Christmas Special – from 2007 until New Year's Day 2010, and it seemed like the right time to end things for the characters.
As well as the show's stars embarking on new and exciting projects – including James becoming the new The Late Late Show in the US.
The finale episode, which aired on New Year's Day in 2010 saw a record 10.25million tune in.
Source: Read Full Article