SPOILER ALERT – This post contains spoilers from the season two finale of Big Little Lies, so continue reading at your own risk.
The finale of season two of Big Little Lies just aired on HBO!
Going into the finale, Celeste (Nicole Kidman) was fighting to keep custody of her twin boys from her mother-in-law Mary Louise (Meryl Streep).
As her mother’s condition suffered in the hospital, Bonnie (Zoe Kravitz) struggled with whether she should kill her mom while the big secret loomed over her head.
Renata (Laura Dern) is still reeling from the lies of her husband. Madeline’s (Reese Witherspoon) marriage is still up in the air after she revealed that she cheated, and Jane (Shailene Woodley) finds it hard to get close anyone after her rape.
As of right now, HBO has not picked up Big Little Lies for a third season, but one of the stars recently revealed that they “would love” to come back for more.
Click inside for a recap of the episode’s biggest moments…
- Celeste stumbles upon on a old video one of her sons took of she and Perry.
- Celeste goes into court ready to cross examine Mary Louise as she fights to keep custody of her boys. It is then unearthed that Mary Louise lost her temper while driving with her young sons, that resulted in the death of Perry’s brother.
- Celeste suggests that Mary Louise had abused Perry emotionally and perhaps physically in retaliation – turning him into an abuser as an adult.
- Celeste then plays the video her son took of Perry beating her for the court.
- In the end, the judge allows Celeste to keep full custody of her boys.
- Mary Louise then goes back home to San Francisco with an empty back seat.
- After a brief recovery, Bonnie’s mother suffers another stroke and dies.
- Bonnie then tells Nathan that he is a great man and a great father, but she’s not sure if she’s ever loved him, and ultimately leaves him.
- Renata returns home from court to find her husband Gordon still playing with his toy trains. He then tells her a collector bought them all and that he’s allowed to keep them.
- An enraged Renata then grabs a bat and destroys his stuff, before hitting him square in the chest.
- Renata then throws her wedding ring at Gordon and leaves.
- Madeline confronts Ed about where their marriage stands after she revealed that she cheated on him.
- Ed then tells Madeline that they were “delusional” to get married – but surprises her by saying that he wants to renew their vows so that they can have a fresh start.
- Ed and Madeline then renew their vows with just daughters Abigail and Chloe in attendance.
- Ziggy tells Jane that he likes Corey and that he wants them to be together.
- Jane finally allows herself to be intimate with Corey in the end.
- The episode ends with Bonnie driving to the police station where she is joined by Celeste, Madeline, Jane, and Renata – and they are seemingly ready to confess the truth about Perry’s death.
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE FINALE?
Source: Read Full Article