Busta Rhymes ‘hauled off flight to London over furious row about hand luggage’

Busta Rhymes has been hauled off a London-bound flight after allegedly getting into a heated row about luggage with other first class passengers.

The iconic hip hop artist was escorted off the jet by police after landing at Heathrow this morning, with witnesses alleging he had become "agitated, aggressive and rude" towards a female passenger.

The argument is said to have been sparked by hand luggage in the overhead lockers, with Busta – real name Trevor George Smith Jr – demanding to know "Who's got all their stuff in my locker?" when he boarded the flight last-minute carrying five bags.

Mail Online reports Busta, 47, threatened passengers and verbally abused them after getting angry about the lack of space in the locker.

"Busta got on the plane and saw that this woman had put her luggage in his section of the overhead locker," an unnamed witness told the site.

"He turned around and demanded to know whose stuff it was. This woman stood up and said the bags belonged to her.

"He was ranting and raving, getting really angry and demanding to know why she had used his locker. He told her to move her stuff immediately."

The witness went on: "He began shouting and behaving extremely aggressively and the woman was getting more and more upset, she began crying.

"As she got more and more tearful, her husband intervened and told him he needn't be so rude to his wife.

"He said that he was upsetting her when she was clearly happy to move her things. The husband was trying to diffuse the situation, to which Busta replied, 'Let's go homeboy'," they added.

When cabin staff stepped in to warn Busta about his behaviour, the rapper gave a speech about his "hard life" and said he wasn't trying to threaten the woman's husband with violence.

Busta was taken off the flight by Metropolitan Police officers, but no arrests were made.

"Officers at Heathrow were requested by the airline of an inbound plane to Heathrow Airport from the US to attend following an alleged verbal altercation involving several passengers," a spokesman for Scotland Yard said.

"They boarded the plane once it had landed at approximately 6:52am on Tuesday 30 July and spoke to the parties involved. There were no reported injuries, and no offences disclosed. The passengers concerned then proceeded with their journeys."

A spokesman for BA added: "Our cabin crew and Captain reassured all the customers involved.

"All those in the cabin were given the option of moving away, and the flight did not depart until everyone confirmed that they were happy to continue."

Source: Read Full Article