Did you watch The Tiger Who Came To Tea or Gavin and Stacey? Take our quiz on TV’s Christmas specials
From the much-anticipated Gavin and Stacey Christmas special to an adaptation of Worzel Gummidge, this festive period was full of exciting television treats.
But how much attention were you really paying to Judith Kerr’s The Tiger Who Came To Tea or the seasonal episode of Call The Midwife?
Take this quiz — compiled by our TV reviewer CHRISTOPHER STEVENS — to find out.
From the much-anticipated Gavin and Stacey Christmas special to an adaptation of Worzel Gummidge, this festive period was full of exciting television treats
1. In Gavin And Stacey, Uncle Bryn overslept on Christmas morning because he’d overdone what festive tipple in the pub the night before?
A) Archer’s Peach schnapps
B) Bailey’s Irish Cream
C) Croft Original sherry
D) Taylor’s vintage port
2. Judith Kerr, who wrote the Christmas Eve classic The Tiger Who Came To Tea, died this year. How old was she?
3. Which Victorian author might have been spinning in his grave after the BBC’s seedy update of A Christmas Carol featured child abuse and prostitution?
A) Anthony Trollope
B) Thomas Hardy
C) Charles Dickens
D) William Makepeace Thackery
Mackenzie Crook triumphed in a remake of Worzel Gummidge. But which former Doctor Who star played the scarecrow first time round?
4. Mackenzie Crook triumphed in a remake of Worzel Gummidge. But which former Doctor Who star played the scarecrow first time round?
A) William Hartnell
B) Patrick Troughton
C) Jon Pertwee
D) Tom Baker
5. Where did Trixie (Helen George) and the other nuns’n’nurses end up on their travels in Call The Midwife?
A) The Shetland Isles
B) The Orkney Isles
C) The Outer Hebrides
D) The Faroe Islands
6. Which favourite Christmas film was reimagined by Brendan O’Carroll in Mrs Brown’s Boys?
A) It’s A Wonderful Life
B) The Bishop’s Wife
C) The Great Escape
D) The Sound Of Music
7. Gordon Ramsay, Fred Sirieix and Gino D’Acampo set off for the Holy Land in their festive Road Trip, called Three Unwise Men. Where did they end up?
B) Saudi Arabia
Judith Kerr, who wrote the Christmas Eve classic The Tiger Who Came To Tea, died this year. How old was she?
8. Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s heartwarming stories have become a Christmas tradition on TV. What was this year’s addition to the canon?
A) The Gruffalo
B) The Highway Rat
C) The Snail And The Whale
D) Stick Man
9. Which novelist adapted her own spinechiller, The Small Hand, for the small screen with Douglas Henshall and a ghostly young Woody Norman?
A) Margaret Atwood
B) Susan Hill
C) Hilary Mantel
D) Liane Moriarty
10. Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce play elderly rivals in which Netflix original drama series?
A) The Two Prime Ministers
B) The Two Presidents
C) The Two Kings
D) The Two Popes
Christmas TV answers: 1) A. 2) C. 3) C. 4) C. 5) C. 6) A. 7) D. 8) C. 9) B. 10) D.
Source: Read Full Article