Kerry Katona shares post about ‘terminating toxic relationships’ after ex-husband’s death

Kerry Katona has broken her silence following the death of her ex-husband this month.

George Kay died after “eating a quantity of cocaine” in front of Holiday Inn staff in Sutton Weaver, Runcorn, Cheshire, the Liverpool Echo reported.

The Atomic Kitten singer and George started dating in 2012 and went on to have daughter Dylan-Jorge, who is now five-years-old.

They married in 2014 but later divorced in 2017.

Taking to Instagram on Thursday, 38-year-old Kerry shared two cryptic posts with emotional messages.

The first read: “You are allowed to terminate toxic relationships.

“You are allowed to walk away from people who hurt you. You are allowed to be angry and selfish and unforgiving. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for taking care of yourself.”

The second quote was a religious one about death, which read: “Don’t grieve for me, for now, I’m free. I’m following the path God laid for me.

“I took His hand when I heard him call, I turned my back and left it all. I could not stay another day, to laugh, to love, to work or play.

“Tasks left undone must stay that way, I found that place at the close of day. If my parting has left a void, then fill it with remembered joy.”

It went on: “A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, ah yes, these things I too will miss. Be not burdened with times of sorrow, I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

“My life’s been full, I’ve savoured much. Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

“Perhaps my time seemed all too brief, don’t lengthen it now with undue grief. Lift up your heart and share with me… God wanted me now, He set me free.”

She captioned both posts with: “RIP.”

A source told the Liverpool Echo that George had been acting erratically on Friday night before his death and refused to return to his room – forcing staff to call the cops.

Police arrived at the hotel at 9.54pm but reportedly left after he agreed to return to his room.

George was reported to have been seen “eating” a large amount of a substance, which was reported to be cocaine, at around 10am the next morning, with staff going to check on his well-being.

Sources claim Mr Kay quickly became extremely unwell and both Cheshire Police and the North West Ambulance Service were called.

A spokesman for Cheshire Police confirmed that officers had been “concerned for the man’s safety” and an “ambulance was called for assistance”.

They said: “Paramedics attended the hotel and the man was taken to Warrington General Hospital for treatment, where he sadly later died.

“The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”

Staff at the hotel have reportedly been offered counselling to cope with the traumatic incident.

Source: Read Full Article