LABOUR Day is officially here, and it's a great way to snap up bargains at retailers such as Amazon, Home Depot and Walmart.
Whether you’re looking to add to your wardrobe or kit out your home with some new stuff, there are deals suitable for all budgets and tastes.
The Sun has taken at look at our favourite retailers to see what discounts they're offering. We've made a round-up of the best ones below.
As always, only splash out if you actually need the items or they can't be considered good deals.
It's also worth shopping around before you depart with your cash as you may be able to find cheaper deals elsewhere.
The best Labour Day 2019 sales
Shoppers on the hunt for good bargains are in luck because retailers including Amazon and Walmart have slashed the prices of tens of thousands of items.
- Amazon – Shoppers can pick up good deals on a wide range of items on Amazon, including the Echo Dot for just $29.99 (£24.69), down from $49.99 (£41.16).
- Macy’s – The department store chain is selling tens of thousands of items at up to half price, and you can get an extra 20 per cent off during Labour Day.
- Walmart – The retail giant has slashed the prices of more than 1,600 items, including TVs, clothing, homeware and furniture.
The Labour Day sales can also be a good time to stock up on all your beauty favourites.
- Colourpop – The cosmetics retailer is offering 25 per cent off everything online, plus free delivery on orders over $30 (£24.70).
- Sephora – You can also stock up on your beauty essentials at Sephora as it's selling products at a 25 per cent discount.
How to find the best deals
HERE are some tips on how to get the best deals during Labour Day.
- Shop early in the day – Sadly, queuing up early in the day is the best way to get your pick of discounts. Often, by the afternoon, the most exciting products have already flown off the shelves.
- Do your research – Been waiting for the sales to purchase an expensive item? Have a look around online to see the average price of the goods before you fork out for something on a whim. Often, discounts won't be as impressive as they first seem.
- Watch out for doorbusters – The majority of stores will use doorbusters to get customers through their doors on shopping events. These stand-out items will be drastically reduced in price, but they tend to be few and far between. If you're going to get your hands on one of these items, you may have to fight off some stiff competition.
- Stack your vouchers – You may be stung with delivery fees when ordering a cheap item online. Stacking vouchers, including free delivery or 10 per cent off sale items, can bring the cost of your shopping basket down further.
Why not upgrade your wardrobe and shoe collection as we near the end of summer during the Labour Day sales?
Below are some of the best sales we could find.
- Adidas – The sports retailer is offering shoppers 30 per cent off almost 8,300 items as long as you enter the code "SPORT30" at checkout.
- ASOS – Similarly, Asos shoppers can get 20 per cent off full-price items by using the code “20HUN".
- Forever 21 – The fashion retailer is offering an extra 60 per cent off all sale items when you use the code "OMG60".
- Joe’s New Balance Outlet – If you're on the lookout for new shoes, you'll want to pop by its website as you can get up to 70 per cent off. You'll also get free delivery on all orders.
- Rebook – Shoppers can get 20 per cent off when you spend up to $75 (£61.74), 30 per cent off when you spend between $75-$150 (£61.74-£123.48), and 40 per cent off when you spend at least $150 (£123.48). You'll need to use the code "LABORDAY".
You can also use the sale to kit out your home with some new stuff.
There's no need to fork out a fortune – simply change the way your rooms look by focusing on the details.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond – Shoppers can get bedding and furniture at up to 75 per cent off.
- Home Depot – You can also get up to 40 per cent off kitchen appliances including dishwashers and fridges.
- Lowe’s – Summer is nearing an end but why not pop by Lowe's for up to 48 per cent off fans, tools and other appliances.
- Sears – The retailer is offering some major deals on kitchen appliances, including an electric air fryer at a whopping 89 per cent discount.
- Target – Target has slashed the prices on rugs, bedding and furniture by between 20 and 30 per cent.
- Wayfair – Shoppers at the retailer can save up to 65 per cent on living room and dining furniture, and an even better 75 per cent on bedding items.
If you're heading off to university or you have children who are going to, then you might want to keep an eye out for good tech deals too.
- Best Buy – The retailer has a bunch of great laptop offerings including $100 (£82.34) off select MacBook Pro models.
Labour Day is marked on the first Monday in September every year and honours the creation of the labour movement.
If you prefer looking for deals on Black Friday, you'll have to wait until November 29.
This day was given its name as it is often the day that shops "move into the black", meaning they have enough money to cover their costs while reducing prices.
Source: Read Full Article