Sign up for Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter for the most exciting real life, fashion and sex tips HOT off the press
Easter means one thing for many people – chocolate!
However, if you're bored of eggs, which not try your hand at a chocolate Easter cake.
We have the perfect recipe for you to which requires no baking and takes just ten minutes to make.
Good Housekeeping UK got it's 177,000 Instagram followers excited about the recipe as it shared a snap of the cake on its page.
The brand wrote: "Happy Easter Weekend! If you need an easy, fun recipe to make with the family, try this No Bake Chocolate Cake – We've turned the much loved rocky road into an Easter loaf!"
The post racked up hundreds of likes, with one follower commenting: "Wow."
Many also tagged their friends and family, clearly keen to make the Easter treat.
To make the cake, you're need plain and milk chocolate, unsalted butter, golden syrup, sultanas, ready-to-eat prunes, pistachios, shortbread and Mini Eggs to decorate.
Despite taking only ten minutes to make, foodies should note that you'll have to freeze the cake for around two hours or chill in the fridge until it's set – which will take around five hours.
No-bake Easter chocolate cake recipe
- 150 g (5oz) each plain and milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 g (3½oz) unsalted butter
- 50 g (2oz) golden syrup
- 150 g (5oz) sultanas
- 150 g (5oz) ready-to-eat prunes, chopped
- 75 g (3oz) pistachios
- 200 g (7oz) shortbread, roughly crushed
- Mini Eggs to decorate
- Line a 26cm Bundt tin with two layers of clingfilm and leave the excess hanging over the sides. Pour the Mini Eggs in a single layer into the base of it and set aside
- Put the chocolates and butter into a large, microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 second bursts until melted and smooth
- Stir in the syrup, fruit and nuts and then carefully fold in the shortbread
- Spoon mixture over the top of the Mini Eggs into the prepared tin and freeze for 2 hours or chill in the fridge until set (about 5 hours)
- Remove from the freezer or fridge 20 mins before cutting into slices
If you can't be bothered to wait that long, and just want to opt for some Mini Eggs themselves, then you may be able to get some free if you're a Tesco shopper.
That's because Tesco has announced it is giving away free chocolate eggs to selected Tesco Clubcard holders this Easter.
Those selected will be able to choose between several small eggs, such as a Cadbury Creme Egg, Mini Eggs or even a Lindt Bunny, which they can get for free.
If you've been selected to receive the deal by the supermarket you'll find the e-coupon automatically added to the Coupons section of your online Clubcard account, accessible via the website or the app.
Shoppers awarded the coupon can use it online at Tesco and in stores until 11.59pm on Easter Monday, April 5.
Source: Read Full Article