RADIO DJ Jordan North has been tipped as the "dark horse" to win I'm A Celebrity – as female fans fall for his northern charm.
TV insiders say the 30-year-old BBC Radio host could close in on early favourites EastEnders legend Shane Richie, 56, and McFly star Tom Fletcher's wife Giovanna.
Jordan's already shown off his cheeky sense of humour in a show teaser, joking he's doing I'm A Celeb to "get out of the house for a few weeks", adding: "Plus my mum needs a new kitchen."
And the single star looks likely to gain an army of female fans when the show kicks off from Gwrych Castle in Wales on Sunday.
A TV source said: "I'm A Celebrity is the gig everyone wants.
"The fact that Jordan isn't a big name proves bosses were really impressed by his audition and overlooked other more obvious choices in the radio industry.
"Even though he's not got a massive following now, he's young, good looking and is likely to attract a lot of interest from young girls.
"He's got the potential to be a favourite to go all the way with his northern charm and fun personality."
Jordan became fondly known as the "supply teacher" at Radio One after being drafted in to cover the station's biggest names.
He now fronts his own two-hour show Friday to Sunday after proving popular with listeners.
Despite presenting half the number of weekly shows as rival host Will Manning on Capital, I'm A Celebrity bosses saw star potential in Jordan.
He now follows in the footsteps of BBC1's early morning host Adele Roberts.
She became the first star to be booted out last year – but can Jordan go all the way to the final?
The Sun today revealed the show's popular past stars Joey Essex, Vicky Pattison and Charlie Brooks will return for the new series.
The trio have not yet been told by ITV producers exactly what their involvement will be.
But bosses have discussed putting them in the camp for a night, getting them to present a trial, or having them pop up as part of new yet-to-be-decided features.
This year’s show is being held at the 19th-century, Grade I-listed building for the first time after Covid-19 travel restrictions made shooting in Murwillumbah, New South Wales, impossible.
Ten stars will be heading into the creepy Welsh camp with the hope of being crowned the first King or Queen of the castle.
The Sun revealed the full line-up last week, with Olympian Sir Mo Farah, 37, TV host and telly star Vernon Kay, 46, taking part.
Source: Read Full Article