Orange Is the New Black seasons one to seven are available to binge-watch on Netflix now. The final-ever series of the show dropped on Netflix last week (Friday, July 26) and fans have been wondering what songs feature in the final series. The soundtrack features a wide range of artists and different genres of music including Sam Cooke, Drake, Jose Ma. Napoleon and even songs by the shows cast.
Which songs are used in OITNB season 7?
As usual, each of the 13 episodes open with the shows iconic theme song You’ve Got Time by Regina Spektor.
For the final series, Spektor recorded a special chamber version of the theme song, specifically for the seventh and final season.
The song which played over the end credits was written and sung by Daniella Brooks, who plays Taystee Jefferson on the show.
As each cast member said goodbye, a live version of her own song Seasons played in the background.
Brooks wrote and performed the song after the OITNB wrapped their final scene ever and you can hear her voice crack with emotion as she sings.
Speaking to Refinery 29 Brooks said: “I tried to get as many of the girls’ names in the song [as I could], and as many of the memories from the show in the song.”
Taryn Manning’s who plays Pennsatucky in the show also features in the soundtrack.
In the final episode, the song Chains (Acapella) plays, an original song by Manning.
You can watch the final season of OITNB on Netflix now.
The previous six seasons of the hit comedy drama are also available to stream and download on Netflix now.
To watch OITNB you can sign up to a 30-day free trial of Netflix.
After the trial is complete you can subscribe to Netflix from £5.99 per month.
WHAT HAPPENED TO CINDY IN OITNB?
Here’s a breakdown of the OITNB season seven soundtrack per episode.
You can listen to the entire soundtrack on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube now.
Episode One: Beginning of the End
- You’ve Got Time – Regina Spektor
- Sweet Home Chicago – David ‘Honeyboy’ Edwards
- Scott’s Boogie – L.B & James Scott’s Blues Rockers Lawsons
- Tumbledown – Hayley Ross
- Keep It Out – Half Waif
Episode Two: Just Desserts
- Pop That (feat. Rick Ross, Drake and Lil Wayne) – French Montana
- Night Games – Graham Bonnet
- Lapdance – N.E.R.D
- Party En Marquesina – Juan Cosme
- Adagio sostenuto (from Moonlight Sonata) – Ludwig Van Beethoven, Evelyne Dubourg
- No Peace At All – Aldous Harding
- The Tut’s Nuts – Kully B and Calvin Kahn
Episode Three: And Brown is the New Orange
WHAT HAPPENED TO MARTIZA?
Episode Four: How to Do Life
- Ride It Out – Sarah Jaffe
- Save Us from Ourselves – Digital Daggers
- Nothing’s Gonna Save Us – Bob Evans
Episode Five: Minority Deport
- A Todas las Mujeres Que Amé – Jose Ma. Napoleon
- Tu Ta Lento – Chaka
- Hush – Trills
- Brighter end of Dark – De Lux
Episode Six: Trapped in an Elevator
- I’m No Heroine – Emily Wells
Episode Seven: Me as Well
- Light It Up – Wizardz of Oz
- Rise Up – Andra Day
DOES LAVERNE COX RETURN IN SEASON 7?
Episode Eight: Baker’s Dozen
- Somewhere in Between – Verite
Episode Nine: THe Hidey Hole
- You and Me – Rokotto
- Paradise – The Ronettes
- Sunset Love – Reach Out
- Different Drum – The Stone Poneys
Episode Ten: The Thirteenth
- Welcome to Love – Young Ejecta
- Echologic – Mo2
Episode Eleven: God Bless America
- Cucurucucu Paloma – Gaby Moreno
Episode Twelve: The Big House
- (Somebody) Ease My Troublin’ Mind – Sam Cooke
- Lighthouse – Mirah
- It’s All Right – Sam Cooke
- The House I Live In – Sam Cooke
Episode Thirteen – Here’s Where We Get Off
- Yours and Mine – Lucy Dacus
- The Magical Mystery Chicken -Gwendolyn Sanford, Brandon Jay and Scott Doherty
- Chains (Acapella) – Taryn Manning
- Seasons – Daniella Brooks
Orange Is the New Black seasons 1 -7 are streaming on Netflix now
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here.
Source: Read Full Article