HARDMAN Ant Middleton was sensationally axed from his role on SAS: Who Dares Wins.
The 40-year-old star launched the hit Channel 4 show in 2015 but won't be returning to the series.
Why has Ant Middleton been sacked from Channel 4's SAS: Who Dares Win?
Ant is understood to have been axed from the show after a series of high profile gaffes, which included a tweet about the Black Lives Matter movement.
There was a social media backlash in June 2020 after Ant posted a video of violence at anti-racism protests in London.
He tweeted: “The extreme left against the extreme right. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo."
He was informed of the sudden decision by Channel 4 to no longer employ him on March 1, 2021 – just weeks ahead of the planned start date for the latest series.
What has Ant Middleton said about being axed?
After it was revealed he had been axed from SAS: Who Dares Wins, Ant took to Instagram and said: “After five years on the show it just felt like I had achieved everything I could with the format.
“There’s so many other formats that I am working on now that feel more suited to who I am today.
“It’s been a brilliant experience being on that show but I'm honestly happy to let some new blood come in and put their own stamp on it.”
Speaking about the BLM tweet, Ant had previously defended himself at the time, telling The Sun: “If you have half a brain cell you will realise what I was talking about.
“It was the protesters fighting and violence and rioting in broad daylight.
Everything I fought for abroad to stop happening on our shores.”
What has Channel 4 said about the decision to axe Ant?
A Channel 4 spokesperson said: “Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
“Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.”
A TV insider said producers realised what a great asset Ant was to the show but felt he had made one mistake too many.
Why is Ant Middleton still appearing on series 6?
Filming has already completed on the sixth UK series of SAS: Who Dares Wins which will feature the former SBS star.
Ant will also star in a celebrity special this autumn. However he will not be invited to return in 2022.
Source: Read Full Article