WHAT better time is there to shop for a new laptop? Black Friday deals mean lower prices on top tech devices including computers.
Should you be looking to upgrade or pick up a new model this November, here's what to look out for.
*Remember, just because an item is in the sale, it doesn't mean you can't find the same product, or similar, elsewhere. Always shop around to make sure you're getting the best price.
Laptop Black Friday Deals – the best live offers
1.DELL Inspiron 15 3000 15.6"
The Dell Inspiron packs in a capable AMD Ryzen 5, processor capable of carrying out general tasks with ease.
Fitted with a 256 GB SSD and 8GB of RAM, it's a solid option for general needs and a great offer at this price
- Dell Inspiron 15 3000, black, £479 (save £120) – buy here
2. Macbook Air (2020) 13-inch
The petite 13-inch Macbook Air is new for 2020, and it's a powerful option for its size.
Featuring a 1.2GHz Quad-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, there's flexibility in its power, and it's a great companion for anyone wanting a Macbook but wanting to keep things minimal.
As wel a 256GB SSD, it has 8GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus graphics, and includes Apple's Magic Keyboard and Touch ID features.
- MacBook Air (2020) 13-inch, £1,249 (save £170) – buy here
3. XPS 13 2-in-1
The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 is a laptop with tablet functionality – perfect if you want a touch-screen for easier use.
Built around the 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor, it features Intel Iris Plus Graphics also seen in Apple Macbooks, a big 512 GB SSD and a powerful 16GB RAM.
A high-spec, slim option for those who want to go big on performance rather than size and weight.
- Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, £1,444.15, (save £254.85) – buy here
HP Envy 360 (2020)
Another 2-in-1, the HP Envy x360 is the best budget laptop money can buy.
With an AMD’s Ryzen 4000 series processor, 8 GB RAM, and 256 GB SSD, the Envy x360 will deal with a lot of multitasking without slowing down.
It also has a cool, convertible design, and its build is compact and sturdy.
Designed to enhance user's security, the HP Envy x360 also features a fingerprint reader, together with a camera shutter and microphone mute button.
- HP Envy 360 (2020), £799 – buy here
Very.co.uk Black Friday Deals
Very is still in the early stages of its Black Friday deals, but there are already a few laptop models benefitting from the seasonal discount.
Savings are up to £500, so not bad at all.
- MacBook Air (2020) 13 inch, 1.2GHz Quad-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 256GB SSD, £1249 (save £150) – buy here
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) 13 inch, 1.1GHz Quad-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD, £1299, (save £150) – buy here
- Alienware Area 51m, Intel Core i9-9900K, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Graphics, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD & 512GB SSD, Gaming Laptop, £2999.99, (save £500) – buy here
Currys PC World Black Friday Deals
Currys' Black Friday laptop deals include free next day delivery and 20% off Care & Repair.
The company also offers a Price Promise guarantee that allows buyers to price match any product against any other retailer, online or in-store, and even vouchers.
- LENOVO IdeaPad 3 15.6" Laptop – AMD 3020e, 128 GB SSD, Black, £279 (save £100) – buy here
- HP 14s-dq1505sa 14" Laptop – Intel Core i7, 512 GB SSD, Silver, £599, (save £100) – buy here
- DELL Inspiron 15 3000 15.6" Laptop – AMD Ryzen 5, 256 GB SSD, Black, £479, (save £120) – buy here
DELL Black Friday Deals
Dell is already offering quite a few Black Friday deals on laptops, as part of the site's Black Friday Early Access program.
All the laptops in this category come with either a 12% or 15% discount, respectively with code BLACK12 or BLACK15.
Machines bought as part of this sale will also earn you double points when you sign up.
- XPS 15, 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 and a studio-quality display, £2,124.15, (save £375.85) – buy here
- Inspiron 14 5000, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor, Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, £571.12 (save £77.88) – buy here
- XPS 13, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U Processor, Intel UHD Graphics, 128 GB SSD, 16GB RAM, £806.65 (save £142.35) – buy here
LaptopsDirect Black Friday Deals
The site has already started its Early Access sales, and not only on laptops.
LaptopsDirect is offering substantial discounts across a variety of computers, including gaming laptops and refurbished ones, together with free next day delivery on selected products.
Down below are the best deals you can get right now:
- Lenovo ThinkPad P14s, Intel Core i5 10210U Processor, 14 Inch Full HD Screen, Quadro P520 2GB Graphics card, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD £739.97 (save £410) – buy here
- HP ProBook 430 G7, Intel Core i5 10210U Processor, 13.3 Inch Full HD Screen, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, £749.97 (save £350) – buy here
- Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX506LI-HN012T, Intel Core i5 10300H Processor, 15.6 Inch Full HD, GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB Graphics card, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, £799.97 (save £269) – buy here
AO Black Friday Deals
AO's Black Friday deals have been live for over a week already, with new items being added every day.
The site offers a free 100 day returns policy, together with next day delivery seven days a week.
AO's price promise also means that if you find a product cheaper somewhere else, they will refund the difference if you get it from them.
- Huawei Matebook D14 14" Laptop, Full HD screen, 256GB SSD, 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, £499 (save £200) + Huawei FreeBuds 3 – buy here
- Asus TUF FX505GT 15.6" Gaming Laptop + TUF Gaming Mouse M5, GeForce GTX 1650 4GB graphics, 9th gen Intel Core i5-9300H quad-core processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, £729 (save £70) – buy here
- Asus ZenBook 13 UX325JA 13.3" Laptop, Full HD screen, 512GB SSD, 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, £839 – buy here
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday always comes the day after the American Holiday, Thanksgiving, which is the fourth Thursday of November.
That makes 2020's shopping bonanza November 27 – a date to know if you're looking forward to laptop Black Friday deals.
Although most tech specialist and non-specialist stores begin sales in the days leading up to Black Friday, they also often continue into the weekend and 'Cyber Monday'.
When is Cyber Monday?
The online-only cousin of Black Friday lands on November 30 this year, with loads more deals and offers from retailers. If you miss out on a Black Friday deal, Cyber Monday is a great chance to grab more savings.
More Great Black Friday Deals
Take a look at some of the other Black Friday deals we’ve found around the web
- 101 Black Friday deals
Laptop Black Friday deals to look for in 2020
Shopping for a laptop this Black Friday? It's worth checking in on all the big and well-known retailers as deals go live.
Whatever you need a laptop for, top brands are available for less during the event, including the likes of Dell, HP, Asus, and Lenovo.
Sought after models like Microsoft's Surface devices and apple's Macbooks can also be found for less – as can gaming laptops from the likes of Alienware and Asus TUF and ROG models.
Familiar retailers like Currys, Argos, Amazon, AO, and Very all tend to offer competitive discounts.
But don't forget specialists like Dell, Laptops Direct and Ebuyer.
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, and see if you can get extra savings with discount codes.
What sort of laptop do I need?
Laptops largely fall into four categories: standard laptops, Macbooks made by Apple, Chromebooks and 2-in-1s which are laptop/tablet hybrids.
Standard laptops have a huge range of specs and prices to choose from, ranging from a couple of hundred pounds to many thousands.
The cheaper models are good for web browsing and streaming programmes online, while the more expensive variety have more processing power and can be used to edit video and power demanding video games.
Macbooks run Apple's intuitive MacOS and generally are very easy to use while looking sleek, but the design comes at a price and the most popular models cost between £1,000-£1,500.
Chromebooks are generally cheaper, less powerful machines that rely on cloud computing to complete tasks so require a good internet connection to use the majority of their applications.
2-in-1s are for those who want to switch between a tablet and a laptop and are the most versatile type of laptop with prices that can range from a few hundred to well into the thousands.
If you're the sort of person who likes to watch Netflix and fire off a few emails, Chromebooks and cheap laptops are probably enough for you.
But if you want to play games that require some big computing power such as Football Manager or The Witcher, or you want to edit photos and videos, a more expensive laptop or Macbook might be the way to go.
What specs should I go for?
Faster processors, more memory and larger storage might seem better, but getting best value depends on whether you will use it.
For occasionaly day to day use, the following specs should handle most tasks: Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 8GB RAM, with 256GB SSD.
Combined with a 14-inch display on something like an Honor Magicbook, you will have a capable laptop for general tasks, with a good amount of speed and storage.
A good price for such specs would be £500 or under, but that can depend on the brand too.
If you need something more powerful, or with more storage – more of a workhorse – opt for 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and a 15.6-inch display.
For these specs, £800 or so isn't an unreasonal price, but be sure to compare across retailers and similar models as prices can go beyond £1,000 for top models.
For more processing power, you may want to consider an Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 processor.
More powerful processors can do more at once and handle more complex tasks, but they will increase the price of a laptop substantially – especially with the latest processors.
Who will have the best laptop deals on Black Friday 2020?
- Currys PC World
- John Lewis
Keen to know more about Black Friday? Check out our main Black Friday guide.
Looking for a new phone? Keep an eye on our pick of the Black Friday phone deals.
For all of our tech recommendations, check out our dedicated Sun Selects section here.
Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, to see if you can get extra savings across hundreds of retailers on Black Friday
Source: Read Full Article