- The 50 best restaurants in the world have been revealed.
- The annual World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 is a ranking based on the opinions of international chefs, food writers, and “travelling gourmets.”
- As part of a new rule for 2019, restaurants which have placed first in the past can no longer be featured on the list.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The best restaurants in the world have been revealed, and there are some clear favorites missing from the list.
The winners of the annualWorld’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 awards were announced at a glamorous ceremony at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore on Tuesday.
The ranking is based on the opinions of an academy made up of more than 1,000 international chefs, food writers, and “travelling gourmets” — which, for the first time, involved a 50/50 gender split for 2019.
Read more: The 50 best restaurants in the world in 2018
Earlier this year, 50 Best also announced that, moving forward, restaurants which have been named no. 1 in the list’s history are no longer eligible for the annual ranking, and will instead enter a hall of fame.
This means that last year’s winner —Massimo Bottura’s Osteria Francescana— doesn’t even feature on this list.
Scroll down to see the 50 best restaurants in the world in 2019, ranked in ascending order.
50. Schloss Schauenstein (Fürstenau, Switzerland)
49. Leo (Bogotá, Colombia)
48. Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet (Shanghai, China)
47. Benu (San Francisco, USA)
46. De Librije (Zwolle, Netherlands)
45. Sühring (Bangkok, Thailand)
44. Test Kitchen (Cape Town, South Africa)
43. Hof Van Cleve (Kruishoutem, Belgium)
42. Belcanto (Lisbon, Portugal)
41. The Chairman (Hong Kong)
40. Restaurant Tim Raue (Berlin, Germany)
39. A Casa do Porco (São Paulo, Brazil)
38. Hiša Franko (Kobarid, Slovenia)
37. Alinea (Chicago, USA)
36. Le Bernardin (New York City, USA)
35. Atelier Crenn (San Francisco, USA)
34. Don Julio (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
33. Lyle’s (London, United Kingdom)
32. Nerua (Bilbao, Spain)
31. Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)
30. Elkano (Getaria, Spain)
29. Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)
28. Blue Hill at Stone Barns (Pocantico Hills, USA)
27. The Clove Club (London, United Kingdom)
26. Boragó (Santiago, Chile)
25. Alléno Paris au Pavillon Ledoyen (Paris, France)
24. Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
23. Cosme (New York City, USA)
22. Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)
21. Frantzén (Stockholm, Sweden)
20. Tickets (Barcelona, Spain)
19. Twins Garden (Moscow, Russia)
18. Odette (Singapore)
17. Steirereck (Vienna, Austria)
16. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée (Paris, France)
15. Septime (Paris, France)
14. Azurmendi (Larrabetzu, Spain)
13. White Rabbit (Moscow, Russia)
12. Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico)
11. Den (Tokyo, Japan)
10. Maido (Lima, Peru)
9. Disfrutar (Barcelona, Spain)
8. Arpège (Paris, France)
7. Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain)
6. Central (Lima, Peru)
5. Geranium (Copenhagen, Denmark)
4. Gaggan (Bangkok, Thailand)
3. Asador Etxebarri (Atxondo, Spain)
2. Noma (Copengagen, Denmark)
1. Mirazur (Menton, France)
Source: Read Full Article